If you ever find yourself doing ANY of the following, it’s time to stop, once and for all…
1. Trying to please everyone – You can’t. You’ll NEVER be able to make everyone happy, no matter what you do! But, you ALWAYS have the power to make yourself happy, so do that, daily!
2. Fearing change – Change can be frightening, but it can also be wonderful! Without change, there is no progress. Be open, and treat each new experience as an exciting adventure! Don’t be afraid to try new things. Get out of your comfort zone. Learn from your failures and celebrate your victories, but never stop moving forward.
3. Living in the past – If you can’t let go of the past, how can you expect to have any kind of future? The past may have been great, or maybe it wasn’t. Either way, move on! Cherish the good memories, and learn from the bad ones. Live in the present, so you can look forward to the future, even if that future is a mystery…It’s like George Harrison said “if you don’t know where you’re going, any road will take you there”.
4. Putting yourself down – Just stop it! Being unkind to yourself serves no purpose, whatsoever. You are an amazing human. Own that shirt! No, you aren’t perfect…No one is!…You are the only you there ever was, or ever will be, and I think that’s pretty freakin awesome! Realize your potential, embrace your weaknesses, and build on your strengths. You have so much to offer. Never forget that!
5. Overthinking – You can sit around all day, compiling literally millions of different scenarios in your head about any given situation, and still never come close to what’ll actually happen. Overthinking doesn’t do anything but cause unnecessary worry and stress, and “ain’t nobody got time for dat!” Learn to take things with a grain of salt…and, sometimes a shot of tequila…it’s ok to go with the flow. Situations almost always have a way of working themselves out, anyway.
in the end, you’ve got to do what is right for you. NOTHING on this list will enrich your life or serve you in any way. Make it a point to stop doing each and every one of these things, and I guarantee your entire outlook will change right before very eyes.